Thursday, December 31, 2009

Heroin chick still alive after 15 years

I recently saw a picture of someone I knew a long time ago. She had some addiction issues and I wondered if she was still alive. Based on the pic I saw, she is alive and well, and damn, she looks great!!!

She looks exactly the same as how I remembered her from 15 years ago. It's depressing. I don't smoke, drink to excess, do drugs and yet in comparison I look like total crap. It makes me think, why bother trying to be good!!! Why not just get out there and party my head off, get wasted all the time, have a constant stash of unhealthy things. Why bother trying to be healthy at all!!! She looked happy and healthy and yet in the picture seemed to be holding a joint!!! When I pictured how she would look after 15 years of rough living I guess I pictured a homeless looking person. Not some young looking hot, happening chick.

I guess that makes me bitter doesn't it? I don't know anything about her life, whether she is actually happy, or even healthy. It's just a picture, and I don't even know when it was taken! Maybe it's an old pic. Who knows.

I just wonder what the point is sometimes, trying to be healthy and living right. I mean, when my number is up, it's up. I know two people who don't smoke who have battled lung cancer. One of them smoked, but it's been over twenty years since she stopped. I know people who ate lot's of vegetables and avoided process foods, spent time outdoors gardening, and then died of cancer. It makes me wonder if cancer is actually related to anything at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment